« Home | C.N.Y.F » | The days are just packed » | Operationally Ready » | Care for some emotional rojak this weekend? » | Christmas is …. about turkey » | What does the Bible say about tattooing? » | Sneaky plans & clever tricks » | The game of "life" » | Warriors on a Saturday Bookout » | 2 burgers » 

Monday, February 13, 2006 

And the Oscar goes to...

If I were to make a decision on who gets an Oscars for the best movie of 2006, it would be a really silly thing to do. Simply because I can only remember watching about 3 movies this year and this year is only 2 months old. Oh but what the heck…

And the nominees for best movie: (since I can only remember these 3 shows, they are all in the running)

1) I not stupid 2
2) Fearless
3) Casanova

Although I watched Number (1) in a real crap of a cinema – some strange place in beach road which was as easy to find as a 6 A1 student from ACS (Barker), it was really one of the better local shows I’ve seen – except for Army Daze of cause (yea right). However it would be really going against the grain for me to vote a show half spoken in a language I don’t understand as my all time favorite for 2006. When you are spending half the time reading the subtitles, it is really quite hard to take good notice of the tear-evoking acting and wonderful special effects (remember the SMS scene? hehe)

As for Number (2), well all I can say is that I HEARD it was a great show. I happily came in 1hour15mins late and just in time to see Jet Li deliver this amazing spinning punch to this Japanese dude who has this uncanny resemblance with the soundman in my church.

So I guess that makes Casanova the winner!

Hey I really thought it was a fantastic show loh. Well it was not exactly the most polished, the acting might have been a little bit exaggerated, and Siena Miller didn’t look THAT fantastic, BUT it was so entertaining and totally my type of show!

World-class seducer, Casanova needs to get married or faces expulsion from his beloved city. Since all the women love him, or at least love his ‘skills’, it seems like an easy task. However love, being the strangest thing, once again rears its spastic head. The one woman he finds truly attractive is the only one that doesn’t fall for his charms. So girls, take this show as a lesson in love, if you want a guy to like you, don’t fall for him! The spastic head of love

Ok fine, doesn’t sound like a very intelligent show but really really, it has my full endorsement. I watched it at half past midnight and I was fully awake for the whole 108 minutes of smooth jokes & comedic love. And though Siena Miller wasn’t HOT, she was really COOL!

So quite obviously, the Oscar for best movie in 06 goes to …. the romantic comedy Casanova! Yup, unlike love, no surprises here.

posted by yado 

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates