« Home | What does the Bible say about tattooing? » | Sneaky plans & clever tricks » | The game of "life" » | Warriors on a Saturday Bookout » | 2 burgers » | Graduates from the greatest school on earth » | 20 » | Glory Glory Manchester United » | A Need for Speed » | The POWER of a JAM » 

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 

Christmas is …. about turkey

Now I know quite a few people, especially those in the Christian circle, who love to ask this question: What does Christmas mean to you? Well, how I would interpret that question would be: what is so special & unique about the 25th of December which makes Christmas that magical day which happens only once a year?

So that would immediately rule out Christmas being about family and friends cause I meet up with them on a daily basis, thus one more time on 25/12 wouldn’t be a unique annual event.

Shopping for new clothes & gifts would also be quickly ruled out as I think the world would stop revolving if women could only do their shopping once a year.

Then another popular view is that Christmas is about remembering the birth of Jesus Christ. Firstly I would be very upset with many of my Christian friends if they remember that very important piece of history only once a year and secondly, our blessed Saviour might not have actually been born on the 25th of December. ( For more info see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas. ) Nonetheless, the Christmas season is a great excuse to share the gospel story and I fully encourage doing so. In fact, I was part of a musical entitled ‘Christmas Is’ done by my church and it was a really fantastic experience and well worth all the 6 months of preparation. Sharing an old story in a new way should definitely be done during this time of the year, but please, not only during this time of the year. Anyway following my definition of what Christmas means to me, Christmas Isn’t this.

We get warmer when we start looking at Christmas as being the time of the year when my army company starts getting me really busy by making me hand write Christmas cards to the zillions of clients we had throughout the year. After writing ‘Thank you for your support to MDC, wishing you and your staff a Merry Christmas and Happy New year’ for the umpteenth time, I would have loved to think that this would be an annual & unique event fitting of my definition of Christmas. Sadly, I heard I’ll have to repeat this fiasco during Chinese New Year =(

So what the heck then is Christmas all about to me? What’s the magical event that happens only once a year which I so eagerly anticipate?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yeap, Christmas is…about turkey =)

posted by yado 

judging from the handwriting on your camp form, i think it'll be very hard for the MDC clients to read their christmas cards...
oh, btw, you owe me money for camp--hurry up and pay up

..hey yado! this is lisa, i blog-hopped all the way here!..merry christmas hope the turkey was big enough for you. haha. oh im at livejournal.com/~stickydate see you around:)

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP wellbutrin xl 150mg testimonies ford truck billet grill ford courier autositze

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates