« Home | Christmas is …. about turkey » | What does the Bible say about tattooing? » | Sneaky plans & clever tricks » | The game of "life" » | Warriors on a Saturday Bookout » | 2 burgers » | Graduates from the greatest school on earth » | 20 » | Glory Glory Manchester United » | A Need for Speed » 

Monday, January 09, 2006 

Care for some emotional rojak this weekend?

This rainy weekend contained a whole host of different feelings for me.

It began with Restlessness during the 7 hour Annual Sunday School Leaders meeting on Saturday which of course started late in true Barker Road tradition. I was particularly fretful as I couldn’t seem to sit still and had to either keep walking around to fart in various corners of the room, practice my salsa, or sneak to the back to munch on some particularly divine Marks & Spencer’s family biscuits just in order to keep my attention going.

Then came Mournful & Somber as I sped over to Mandai Crematorium in the stormy weather to make it in time for my grand uncle’s funeral. Although I was not very close to him, I could tangibly imagine how my cousin (once removed) was feeling as I am sure I would be equally, if not more upset if my beloved Kong Kong had passed away. That was my first time going to a funeral and I really can’t imagine how the people who run the crematorium survive in that gloomy place.

Following that, Exhilaration & Excitement set in while getting ready to play in my first gig at Phunk Bar for my colleagues band called Flybar. We had a kick ass performance and the band leaders charisma along with our 20-fingered lead guitarist got us mentioned in a popular Singapore music forum =) http://soft.com.sg/2006/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11634

Sunday morning began with Annoyance & Disgruntlement as 6 very capable & educated personnel including myself simply could not seem to get the overhead projector in my Church working. Our feelings were possibly only rivaled by some of the poor souls that got caught up in the MRT station during our Total Defence’s latest NorthStar V operation. Hey but at least we know our Decisive Force is doing their job well. Kudos to the NSFs on duty!

Disappointment was next on the list and not just for me as our eagerly anticipated game of soccer got washed out for another week thanks to the 21hour non stop rain which did not stop.

Well never mind, at least Sunday night ended on high ‘A’ feelings of Achievement, Accomplishment & Attainment as I successfully brought my originally Div 2 Mansfield Town to the top of the Premier League. That great day came after securing a 1-1 draw with (heavily inverted comerd) mighty Arsenal & winning my game in hand.

Sorry for the feelings of befuddlement & puzzlement experienced by any girl readers with regards to the previous paragraph.

This entry was written with the many many help of http://thesaurus.reference.com/

posted by yado 

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates