« Home | Operationally Ready » | Care for some emotional rojak this weekend? » | Christmas is …. about turkey » | What does the Bible say about tattooing? » | Sneaky plans & clever tricks » | The game of "life" » | Warriors on a Saturday Bookout » | 2 burgers » | Graduates from the greatest school on earth » | 20 » 

Friday, January 27, 2006 

The days are just packed

And who says that NS men are so free with too much time?

Just take a look at my schedule. . .

Rising early in the morning like Jesus in Mark 1:35, I roll out of bed to spend some quiet moments with the Lord before diving into the day.

Reporting promptly to work at 9.15am, I carry out my daily chores which of course I can’t describe here as they are Government Top Secret!

Ending a really tiring day of hard nation-protecting work, I refresh myself with a spot of exercise before dinner. Be it a quick run around the district, lifting meager weights in the gym or hitting a few balls at the golf driving range.

Monday nights would be taken up by the gay-er side of me by attempting to learn some salsa dancing. I just finished shaking my ass through the beginner course and saw this friggin’ pros dance instructor in my final lesson. Apparently he’s some SMU student, well now he’s the idol of the gay-er side of me.

Tuesday is where my intellectual side surfaces as I recently joined an Inductive Bible Study class in the book of Philippians. If anyone is interested in joining me, contact me, it is highly enriching! However I must give a warning, it is really quite intense and not for the half-hearted. For e.g. we spent the last 2 lessons reading through the ENTIRE book a NUMBER of times, each time spent looking out for references to the author, recipients & places in order to understand the context & overall message of the text. Quite insane if you ask me, but it’s getting really interesting.

Wednesday is when I am SUPPOSED to do this online business finance course supplied by NTU and financed by the SAF in order to keep my brain from rotting like most other NSFs who can no longer count nor spell correctly any longer. BUT I keep getting distracted as events uncalled for keep popping up. Like this week, this guy in my company somehow won many many free tickets to ‘I not stupid 2’ so ya… All I can say is that if these ‘events uncalled for’ keep popping up en route to university, I will be stupid 2.

Thursday night is additional golf practice for me as I intend to hit the ball further than the old lady next to me & not at a 45 degree angle to my right or left. I hope to get my handicap before I enter uni! (New Year Resolution heh)

Friday is my favorite as it is the only unscheduled night and thus gives some randomness to my otherwise very structured week. Tonight I am going to see Dream Theatre & I am displaying much enthusiasm about seeing a band I have never heard of in my life. But oh well, I am going with my musician colleague who swears they are ‘sen’ and anyway I have some SAF concert ticket subsidy fund to burn.

Sigh, see la how busy I am… and with the Australian Open finals this weekend plus the Champions League coming up next month . . . oh dear me.

posted by yado 

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates