« Home | Thank you from Flybar » | SMUma Cum Laude » | What we did in Redang island » | Hillsongs Conference 2006 » | FIC inc - Football Investment Charity » | Shhh… some silence please » | Island Life - Loving it! » | Bali rocks man » | May the 5th » | Controversy theory – the gospel of Judas » 

Monday, August 21, 2006 

The Age of Slacking is over

Now seriously, something has happened to me.

Who has ever heard of an ex-ACS(barker) boy complaining that school is TOO SLACK and that he wants MORE WORK? That’s almost a blasphemy to the good name of ACS.

Well sorry, I’m guilty of it, because something has happened to me. I think I’ve gone mad, and I don’t think it has anything to do with all the unnecessary cheering during orientation camp or all the SMU propaganda which has been spilling out of my ears.

I’ve been pre-assigned quite simply the slackest schedule I’ve ever seen, basically its like 3 days of school a week with 1 class per day – and if you had ever known me in the good o’l barker road days, you would be thinking that I would be dancing for joy. But I am not, I am actually very very irritated.

This is because an even greater insanity is upon me. Obstacles and hardships are being placed in my way PREVENTING me from going to more classes and making my slack schedule less slack. A school that makes it hard not to slack? Outrageous…

In SMU, you have to bid for extra classes using imaginary money; it’s supposed to imbue business sense into us. I don’t disagree and I have learnt a lot through the hours of foraging through the school’s maze of an intranet system, but so far the only imbuement I’ve been saturated with is an angry face. I have to bid and compete against my fellow freshmen & seniors just to get into a class! What abomination…

So why am I doing this to myself? Why am I morphing from my true slack nature and fighting for more work? Honestly, I don’t know. Maybe I truly have gone mad. After 20years of slacking, from a New Zealand kindergarten where we played with saws & hammers instead of learning to read & write, to an ACS education where fun & failure went together in perfect harmony, to finally 2 unbelievably cool years in MDC which I shan’t elaborate any further on how slack it was. Yes… I’ve been slacking all my life. No more.

posted by yado 

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates