« Home | It begins today… » 

Friday, October 21, 2005 

For this cause

Hmmm...now what does it actually mean to give all of yourself to a cause?
Does it mean to spend every single waking second of your mind, strength & energy either thinking about it or doing something that adds value to whatever cause it might be? Basically, making it what your life is about?

A good example would be Rafael Benitez, the Liverpool FC manager, he who spends all his waking moments trying to make Liverpool into a winning team. Quoting from soccernet.com he "once described himself as a 'loner with a lap top' due to the amount of time he spent alone masterminding tactics on a computer - he is obsessed by football, and by his job". I read he even discusses tactics & watches Liverpool match tapes with his wife before they go to sleep. Come on he even talks about it in his sleep!
That’s hardcore man, giving your life to a cause. If that’s what I got to be like to give my life to God, gotta admit, I’m pretty far off =P

The closest I’ve been to Benitez was probably how I was when I was totally nuts over this girl. Whenever I was not doing anything active, almost every resting thought would be about her or how to get to know her better etc. Sometimes even when I am doing something else, such thoughts intertwine together with what I am doing, or something like that la, I'm sure you all would know what I'm talking about. But my life still operated normally, and I could go about doing my tasks without compromise. So still not quite like the psycho Liverpool manager, as she did not really become what my life was about but oh well.... I think something to that effect would be a good start.

Now then problem would be, how am I to imagine God in a skirt. Lol

posted by yado 

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates